#TheMostInterestingWriterInTheWorld contest is over and we have three winners—two from Facebook, and one from the comment stream on my blog. There weren’t any G+ winners sadly, because the ‘G’ might as well stand for “Ghost Town.”
Anyway, 1st prize (because I couldn’t win the award myself) goes to fellow author Christopher P. Simmons. His comment on FB literally made me spit chardonnay onto my keyboard:
“When Somerset Maugham said, ‘There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are,’ he cleared his throat and said, “Five.” His is #TheMostInterestingWriterInTheWorld.
2nd prize goes to Jeff Baranowski for the FB comment:
“He showed Aldous Huxley the door. He is #TheMostInterestingWriterInTheWorld.”
For the record, I had to add the hashtag for him because he was unable to follow directions. Ordinarily, this would have resulted in an automatic disqualification, but (ironically) he’s related to an agent (Terri Baranowski), so I cut him some slack. His life has already been hard enough, and he’s no doubt flaunting *MY* submission standards after being subjected to hers most of his life.
3rd prize goes to Laura Roberts for the blog comment:
“His Creative License has never been revoked, and his License to Kill is registered to his fountain pen. He is #TheMostInterestingWriterInTheWorld.”
Thanks to the participants, and buy my fucking book. Then review it. Favorably.
The rules are simple:
- Wherever you see the #TheMostInterestingWriterInTheWorld hashtag, along with the familiar image meme, add your caption—whether it’s in the comments of this blog post, a comment on my Facebook timeline / a friend’s timeline, or an @reply on Twitter.
- Share this post to Facebook, add it to Google+, or Tweet a link to it, along with your caption and the #TheMostInterestingWriterInTheWorld hashtag.
- Most of the action will likely appear on Facebook, but I will choose one winner each from Facebook, Google+, and Twitter. Make sure you friend / follow me, so I don’t miss your entry.
- The contest runs today (Saturday July 12th, 2014), through this coming Friday (July 18th, 2014).
- I’ll pick the caption I think is funniest, but my choice will definitely be swayed by the number of retweets, likes, and +’s it earns from your friends.
- The winner receives free copies of I, JEQUON – Part 01 of THE NEPHILIM CHRONICLES, and the newly released WITH MERCY (Part 02).
- Good luck!