Attention Writers! Lisa Angle of Ninety Degrees Media was kind enough to film and edit this video of the New Media Panel at the recent Santa Barbara, CA Writers Conference. Marla Miller was the host, with panelists: Justine Musk of Tribal Writer, Philippa Burgess, and yours truly, Jer... →
Michael Steven Gregory, Director of the Southern California Writers’ Conference, provoked this response from me on Facebook today when he started an awesome thread on his wall about the purpose and value of book trailers. This is how I responded: Great conversation, which I̵... →
So consider this: if all those crybabies with the millions of dollars of budgets, well-known brand names, and corporate structures and connections are having trouble connecting — how much harder will it be for you, a solitary, unknown, “brandless” writer? And I mean writer — not some ... →
There are only two things that really matter if you want to be a better writer: ONE: Read a lot. TWO: Write a lot. Everything else is just iteration and refinement. People who claim: “I only write for myself,” aren’t writers. They’re diarists. Authors write for an audience an... →
In every conversation I’ve had with wildly successful entrepreneurs and bloggers about building website traffic, promotional tactics only make up 20% of our talks. So, what is the other 80% of building a popular site about? Building a raving audience online all starts with writing epi... →
How do I blog about that before it’s been published? I asked that question of Southern California Writer’s Conference webmaster Jeremy Lee James and he had a pretty good answer for me. First, you don’t have to blog about your unpublished book. The point is not to sell the book to peop... →
Writer. Web Geek. Optimist.
At Dev Bootcamp – Fall 2012: Learning More To Do More